Saturday, October 4, 2008

EQNM Executive Director Resigns



In a late night email to supporters on September 28th Alexis Blizman announced that after three years at the helm of Equality New Mexico, she was leaving the state’s advocacy agency.

“I am writing to you today to inform you that as of tonight, I am leaving my position of Executive Director of Equality New Mexico. This decision was a difficult but necessary one. For personal reasons, I have decided to move on,” Blizman stated in the email.


She continued, “The last three years have been incredible. We have fought to make New Mexico a better home for the LGBT community and our allies, defeating numerous pieces of anti-gay legislation and taking significant steps forward in our struggle for equality. I know that there is still much work to do, and even as I leave my position as ED, I remain committed to Equality New Mexico, its mission, and to the LGBT community.”


The resignation comes in the midst of a critical legislative election that could have a major impact on the community’s legislative agenda in the 2009 sixty day session. As of this writing the Press has been unable to obtain a response from EQNM.

No comments: